Friday, December 12, 2014

Catfish

Last week and this week, we watched Catfish. I've seen the documentary before, but I never thought about it morally until Dr. Johnson asked us to. I think that Angela was morally wrong for fooling Nev like that, but I do believe they had a real relationship beyond the point of the lie on the surface. I also find Nev to be a rational and even-tempered individual, because instead of going off on Angela and saying, "You're crazy and I hate you", Nev attempted to find reason for her actions by talking it out.

1 comment:

  1. This film frustrated me so much. I could not figure out whether or not I wanted to be sad or angry with Angela. I agree with you when you say that deep down they had a connection and a real relationship beyond the lie. Even though the pictures weren't her, the voice and every form of communication was Angela. I am very proud of Nev for being level headed as well. He was very calm throughout the whole thing and, if I dare say, slightly understanding.

    ReplyDelete