Friday, October 31, 2014

All this week we have been discussing the Philosopher Nietzsche. The thing about him that stood out to me immediately was he said that "God is dead." Before hearing the context of the quote I thought this would be a philosopher who I would disagree with on a lot of views, but it wasn't until it was explained that I realized he was right. Nietzsche meant that religion is dead in the world so therefore "God is dead." I feel like this statement is very relatable today, because I feel as if these days people are more attached and faithful to material things and themselves rather than  religion.  This kind of ties into the other aspect I agree  with Nietzsche on. He believes the stronger and more noble people in the world should look out and help those who are weaker and less fortunate. I agree with him on this because just because someone is better at something that doesn't make them superior to others. God created us as equals and that's how it should be and how we should treat others.

No comments:

Post a Comment