Friday, November 7, 2014

Karl Marx

After we discussed Karl Marx in calss, I went and did some extra research. Karl Marx was a philosopher from Germany who expressed the idea of communism. His belief was that capitalism would eventually fall due to the difference in classes. His belief was the bourgeoisie would be overthrown by the proletariat masses. He also believed that the more you earned the more taxes you should pay. He also believed that the land we live on is supposed to be shared by all and not owned by a person. As far as I read, he was a strong supporter of the weak and impoverished. 

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty accurate. Marx was a man who believed that people should receive their needs without question. One modern issue that I think he would be in favor of is universal healthcare. I believe Marx would agree to raise taxes to ensure everyone got the care they required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your post is pretty accurate as to what Karl Marx's idealism was, and through our class discussion I agree that he indeed sound to be on the side with the poor or lower class of people. Capitalism here in United states has made the huge gap between the rich and the poor, I believe that the rich should have to pay more taxes than what the poor pay just like Marx stated it. going with what Lydonia said in her comment I believe to that taxes should be raise to ensure that everyone gets a health care.

    ReplyDelete