Friday, November 7, 2014

Karl Marx

I agree with a lot of what Karl Marx says. Especially the Bourgeoisie doing the least and getting the most, ad the porletariat doing the most and getting the least. However, I have a hard time totally agreeing with him. I don't think the two classes are that black and white. My boss makes more money than I do, I make a higher salary than the employees I manage, and they make a higher salary than people working at Mcdonalds. I think there's different levels to both classes. If the Bourgeoisie were truly the 49 or so people in the US that make up 50% of the wealth, I would completely agree with him, but I don't believe that's who the Bourgeoisie is. My boss, for example is the owner of the means of production for our company, making him the Bourgeoisie, and making him the wealthiest in the company. However, he is far from being in the group of 49 people making up half of the US wealth. so does that make him a part of the proletariat group? I don't think so. He also has done every position in our company, he started from the bottom with the lowest pay and now he is the owner. This brings up another disagreement I have on Marx's criticism of capitalism. Most of the wealthy people; business owners, CEO's, etc. have worked incredibly hard and deserve the wealth they have gotten. I think people are in the position they deserve. I can't justify saying the wealth should be distributed evenly. I think that's honestly stupid and ignorant. I'm in college because I want to get a better job when I graduate, and eventually have my own business or run a business. I would be horrified if someone else who hasn't done anything or worked as hard as I have in their life made the same amount of money as me. I think people get and deserve what they work for, and if you don't have what you want, work harder.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it ever crossed your mind that not all of us can get a college education. The rest of the world is not like America. There are children that have to work from a very young age out of necessity and not because they don’t want to go to school. So does that mean that they don’t deserve to have a decent meal and place to live?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it is okay for you to feel that way, but then again, who am I to tell you how you should view things. I would just appreciate it if you saw things from another perspective and consider the situations of the rest. Just because a person doesn’t have a college education does not make that person less.

    ReplyDelete