Friday, November 7, 2014

Karl Marx

Class this week has given me a much better understanding of Marx. Prior to this week, whenever I thought of communism, I thought of a society that received the same amount of goods, no matter what they contributed. For example, if everyone in our class got a C despite the work they put into the course, the people who previously had an A would quit working and the people who had Fs wouldn't stress anymore. I now know that this is a poor example of communism and community. Now that I am aware of Marx's critiques on capitalism, I can see why people favor communism. Not only does capitalism screw a lot of people over, if disadvantages the people who do the majority of work for the society and rewards the people who do nothing but are lucky enough to own means on labor. I think Marx made a very good point when he stated that the proleteriats would eventually revolt and that the revolution will be the downfall of capitalism and the transition into a classless society.

3 comments:

  1. I like and agree with this post. With America being capitalist and all, we can relate to everything that is being said. We are the poor proletariat who work hard and have nothing to show for it while the richest do nothing and have any and everything that their hearts desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! Marx had a very accurate prediction of the country we now live in.

      Delete
  2. I also agree with both of you. I feel the lower class gets little to no recognition for their hard work. I feel like the poor should be given credit for all of their hard work. Before the last few classes, I also had a different view on communism and capitalism.

    ReplyDelete